Saturday, October 23, 2010

Journey Bag

Amy Hamberlin over at www.katicupcake.com asked me to do a pattern test for her again. (in reality I begged her, I was in the mood to try something new ;) Here is the pic of her bag pattern available in two sizes. I made the big one, I was envisioning it as a way cute carry on in case I ever go somewhere fun. I made a few adjustments to the inside, but just put two seams on each side of the pockets to make a few smaller ones for pens, and a cell phone etc.
My finished bag. Amy Hamberlin's "Journey" bag. The fabric VINTAGE Amy Butler, the green is Kings Fern from her Charm (?) line, and the brown is from her Daisy Chain line called "sweet jasmine /brown" amazingly enough bought years apart, and had the same colorways so they worked. Not sure if the computer will show it or not, but the pink is almost purple and the green has a minty blue and impossible to match hue to it. So I am so happy I found something that works, and is dark so the straps won't show dirt, and the inside lining won't look grungy. BTW, that was my first real bag I have ever made. Yay me!
OH! And Amy used Sandi Henderson's fabric from her new line "Meadowsweet 2" ( I used a different color way of her line for the dress I did as a pattern test last spring), and a cute model with fun shoes. You have to settle with my entertainment center as neither my legs are my shoes are cute.



No comments:

Post a Comment